Unlocking Warwick’s monthly social at the Court House/Town Hall ‘In the ballroom’ is suspended of course. A consistently popular feature of these gatherings was the quiz devised by Helen Fellows.
So during the virus lockdown we’ll put her quiz online. Here is the first one – 20 questions about Spring.
There’s no prize – it’s just for fun – but there must be no cheating by looking up the answers! We will post the correct answers on this website after a week. If you think you might have won, you can email the number of correct answers you got to email@example.com
So here we go, 20 Springtime questions:
- According to the UK Met Office, on what day does spring commence?
- Who is the Roman goddess of spring?
- For Australians, in what month does spring begin?
- What name is given to the first day of spring when night and day are the same length?
- Who composed ‘The Four Seasons’?
- Who wrote the music for the ballet, ‘The Rite of Spring’?
- The song, ‘Younger Than Springtime’ features in which Rogers and Hammerstein musical?
- What is the nickname of Bruce Springsteen?
- ‘Primavera’ or Spring is a famous painting by which artist?
- What kind of animal is a springbok?
- What do we in the UK call the vegetable known as scallions in the USA?
- Which poet wrote these first two lines? ‘Oh to be in England, now that April’s there’.
- Easter Sunday always falls on the first Sunday after the full moon following the spring equinox. True or False?
- What name is given to the Sunday before Easter?
- What was the name of the hill where Jesus was crucified?
- What item of clothing is particularly associated with Easter parades?
- Which fruit cake with two layers of marzipan is traditionally eaten at Easter?
- On what day are hot cross buns traditionally eaten?
- Which Russian jewellery firm is famed for designing elaborate jewel encrusted eggs?
- Easter Island belongs to which country?
There are some tricky ones there. But remember, no cheating! The answers will be posted here on April 7th.