The ‘Not In The Ballroom Quiz’ for November is all about the animal kingdom. A few tricky questions here, set by Helen. How many do you know?
1. What is the largest member of the cat family?
2. In which mountain range would you find the snow leopard?
3. What was the name of the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia written by C. S. Lewis?
4. Which dog breed is the tallest in the world?
5. What is the name of The Simpsons’ dog?
6. Originally domesticated by the Incas more than 3,000 years ago, but now a household pet, what animal am I?
7. In which island nation would you come across the Lemur?
8. Now extinct but originally found on Mauritius, what animal am I?
9. What is a rhino’s horn made out of?
10. Which group of mammals are commonly thought of as pouched mammals?
11. The Cottontop tamarin is what type of animal?
12. True or false? Sharks have been around longer than dinosaurs?
13. What bird is the closest living relative to the T-Rex?
14. What is the collective name for a group of owls?
15. Out for a score of zero in cricket is also known as which farm animal?
16. What is a male donkey called?
17. Which popular Mexican food means ‘Little Donkey’ in Spanish?
18. The national emblem of South Africa and often quoted as the second fastest land animal, what animal am I?
19. My name can be roughly translated from ancient Greek to mean river horse, what animal am I?
20. What is the only animal to sleep on its back?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll post the correct answers here in a week’s time and declare a November winner. Good luck.