It’s the first of the month, and that means another 20-questions quiz devised by Helen Fellows to try at home while our monthly socials are suspended.
This time the ‘Not In The Ballroom Quiz’ is general knowledge.
Our intention is to return to the full ‘In The Ballroom’ socials from March, Covid permitting. Details to come. In the meantime try the quiz and email your answers to email@example.com and we’ll give the answers and declare a winner in a week’s time.
February 2022 quiz
1. What is 2022 in Roman numerals?
2. What colour are the seats in the House of Commons?
3. Which planet is closest to the sun?
4. What’s longer, a nautical mile or a mile?
5. Which new British military force was established in 1918?
6. Which English queen has the same name as a type of plum?
7. In 1952 Albert Einstein was offered the Presidency of which country?
8. Who was the first British monarch to visit New Zealand?
9. In which English seaside town was ‘Fawlty Towers’ set?
10. What country has the most natural lakes?
11. Which island group includes Ibiza, Menorca and Majorca?
12. How many countries of the world begin with the letter Z?
13. Gary and Martin Kemp were in what band?
14. Which musical instrument usually has 47 strings?
15. In ‘Only Fools and Horses’, by what name did Trigger always call Rodney?
16. In Shakespeare’s “Othello”, who is the female lead?
17. Aduki, borlotti and cannellini are types of what?
18. Which swimming stroke is named after an insect?
19. Which birds did coal miners traditionally take into mines to detect dangerous levels of carbon monoxide?
20. What name is given to the Japanese skill of growing miniature trees?
Answers will be posted on February 8th.