Geography, nature, TV and of course sport; they’re all in Helen’s Not In The Ballroom Quiz for August.
She calls the 20 questions a mix of General Knowledge and Trivia. How many do you know without looking them up?
1. Which British patron saint is celebrated annually on 1st of March?
2. Which northern English city was known in Roman times as Deva?
3. Which English city is often abbreviated to Soton?
4. Which mountain range forms a natural border between France and Spain?
5. What boy’s name is also the capital of the Falkland Islands?
6. What colour are the four stars on the flag of New Zealand?
7. How can the age of a tree be determined?
8. Which insect can fly forward, backward and sideways?
9. Mr. Carson is the name of the butler in which popular TV costume drama?
10. Comedy duo Ant and Dec are originally from which English city?
11. Which fictional sleuth was played on TV for 25 years by David Suchet?
12. Which English football team plays its home matches at Stamford Bridge?
13. Goal shooter, goal attack and wing attack are playing positions in which sport?
14. Which Olympic sport takes place in a velodrome?
15. The phrase ‘three strikes and you’re out’ originates from which sport?
16. In the medical profession, what do the initials ‘GP’ stand for?
17. What colour flag is awarded to a beach that meets high standards for cleanliness, safety and water quality?
18. In Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’, what type of fictional creature is Smaug?
19. Which pair of superheroes are known as the ‘Dynamic Duo’?
20. What does the ‘MI’ in MI5 and MI6 stand for?
Email your answers to email@example.com and we’ll post all the answers and declare a winner next Sunday.