Did you try the ‘Not in the Ballroom Quiz’ for this month? Compiler Helen Fellows chose film and TV as the theme.
There was a clear winner this time. Trudy Ashmore scored a brilliant nineteen out of twenty. To be strictly fair she scored nineteen-and-a-half out of twenty, because her only mistake was the first name of one of the Mitchell brothers from Eastenders.
Here are the twenty questions and answers:
1. Judy Garland starred as Dorothy Gale in which classic movie? The Wizard of Oz
2. The stage play Everybody Comes to Rick’s was adapted for the screen to become what 1942 Best Picture winner? Casablanca
3. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released? Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
4. Which animal is associated with the beginning of an MGM film? Lion.
5. What does Tom Hanks compare life to in Forest Gump? A box of chocolates
6. Which singer starred in the film ‘The Bodyguard’? Whitney Houston
7. In which language was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon filmed? Chinese Mandarin
8. The song ‘Let it Go’ is from which 2013 animated film? Frozen
9. What was the first Harry Potter film? Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
10. Who sang the theme song for the James Bond film Skyfall in 2012? Adele
11. Which member of The Beatles narrated the first series of Thomas the Tank Engine on TV? Ringo Starr
12. What is the logo on a Blue Peter badge? Ship or galleon.
13. In what year did Coronation Street first air on TV? 1960 (9th December)
14. What is Doctor Who’s time box called? The Tardis
15. In which English seaside town was ‘Fawlty Towers’ set? Torquay
16. In Eastenders what are the first names of the Mitchell brothers? Phil and Grant
17. Dawn French played the vicar of which parish? Dibley
18. How many dragons did Daenerys Targaryen originally have in The Game of Thrones? Three
19. Which comedian and actor plays Alan Partridge? Steve Coogan
20. Detective Inspector Kate Fleming investigates officers inside and outside the anti-corruption unit AC-12 in which series? Line of Duty
While our monthly socials in the Court House ballroom remain suspended, we’ll post a quiz on the website each month. So watch out for Helen’s next brain teaser on June 1st.