Here’s the Unlocking Warwick ‘Not In The Ballroom’ Quiz for November to keep your grey cells active during the lockdown.
This month, quiz -compiler Helen Fellows has chosen Sport as the theme. Even if you’re not the sporty type there are some questions here you’ll probably know – or just have a guess. No Googling now! Here are the 20 questions:
1. Which England footballer was famously never given a yellow card?
2. What is the only club never to have been relegated from the top English division since their arrival there in 1904?
3. In which country was the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup held?
4. Who did Uruguay beat in the first ever FIFA World Cup final?
5. Last month which team defeated Premier League champions Liverpool 7-2?
6. In which sport could someone be found at silly point?
7. Who has won more tennis Grand Slams, Roger Federer or Serena Williams?
8. Who was the last British man to win a Men’s single tennis Grand Slam title before Andy Murray in 2012?
9. In tennis, what piece of fruit is found at the top of the men’s Wimbledon trophy?
10. Whose record of 91 Formula 1 Grand Prix wins was recently overtaken by Lewis Hamilton?
11. Which country did F1 legend Aryton Senna come from?
12. How many balls are there on the table at the start of a game of snooker, including the white?
13. Which snooker player is nicknamed ‘The Rocket’?
14. What is the highest check out score possible in a game of darts?
15. Which horse is the only three time winner of the Grand National?
16. In which sport might you win a Claret Jug?
17. In golf, what is the term for a three under par?
18. What colours are the five Olympic Rings?
19. Who was named BBC Sports Personality of the Millennium in 1999?
20. Which sports quiz show has been presented by Sue Barker since 2007?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll declare a winner in a week’s time, on Sunday 8th November.