Here is Unlocking Warwick’s monthly ‘Not In The Ballroom Quiz’, devised by Helen Fellows. For the New Year it is a look back at 2020 and Helen says, “then hopefully we can all look forward to a better 2021!”
If you like, you can send in your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll post the answers here in a week’s time on January 8th, and declare a winner. No prizes – just the satisfaction of being able to remember anything at all from the year just gone by!
So here are the 20 questions:
1. Back in January, who announced that they are stepping down from their duties as senior members of the royal family?
2. Sajid Javid resigned as Chancellor of the Exchequer in February. Who succeeded him?
3. In which Chinese city was Covid-19 first identified?
4. On which date was the first UK lockdown announced by Boris Johnson?
5. Who became the nation’s PE teacher during lockdown?
6. Where did Dominic Cummings drive to in order to test his eyesight?
7. How did Captain Tom Moore raise more than £32million for the NHS?
8. Whose statue was torn down and thrown into Bristol Harbour?
9. Name the scheme that ran throughout August to encourage people to enjoy meals in restaurants, cafes and pubs.
10. Which footballer campaigned for free school meal vouchers to be extended in 2020?
11. What’s the name of Boris Johnson’s baby born in 2020?
12. What’s the name of Joe Biden’s wife, who will become the First Lady in 2021?
13. According to Forbes, the CEO of Amazon became the first person in history to have a net worth of more than $200 billion. What is his name?
14. Which anniversary did Coronation Street celebrate this year?
15. What was the name of the TV show which saw celebrities perform while disguised as various animals?
16. Which music festival has had to postpone its 50th anniversary celebrations to 2021?
17. Which city was due to host this year’s Olympic and Paralympic Games?
18. Which actress, who found fame in the 1960s starring in the Carry On films before becoming a national treasure playing Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders, died in December aged 83?
19. Which actor who starred in no less than seven Bond films died in October aged 90?
20. How many doses of the AstraZeneca and University of Oxford vaccine have been ordered by the UK government?