Happy New Year everyone from Unlocking Warwick! We all hope that things will improve in 2022! In the meantime, here is our monthly ‘Not In The Ballroom Quiz’ devised by Helen Fellows. What can you remember about 2021?
We’ll post the answers in a week’s time and declare the winner. Concentrate now….
1. Joe Biden was inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States in January 2021 – how old was he?
2. In February, a coup removed Aung San Suu Kyi from power in which country?
3. In which canal in March did the container ship, Ever Given, run aground?
4. On 9 April, the Queen’s husband Prince Phillip died. Which vehicle had he chosen to carry his coffin at his funeral?
5. In April, Marks & Spencer began legal action with Aldi over what cake?
6. In June who replaced Nick Hewer as the host of the Channel 4 programme Countdown?
7. On 15 May, which football club won the FA Cup for the first time, defeating Chelsea 1–0 in the final at Wembley?
8. On 4 June, Prince Harry and wife Meghan announced the birth of their daughter whose name pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth II. What is her name?
9. Thirty-nine workers convicted of fraud, theft, and false accounting had their names cleared after widespread miscarriages of justice by which company?
10. A new £50 note entered circulation in June this year. Which scientist is celebrated on the new note?
11. How old was Sky Brown when she won a bronze medal for skateboarding at the Tokyo Olympics?
12. On 11 July which team defeated England in the final of the delayed Euro 2020 football tournament?
13. In June police were called as hundreds flocked to Diddly Squat Farm Shop – who is its famous owner?
14. Which British female tennis player won the US Open on 11 September?
15. Which James Bond film, finally released in September, was Daniel Craig’s last movie as the title character?
16. In which UK city did the COP26 United Nations Climate Change Conference take place?
17. What is the name of Adele’s fourth studio album released on 19 November?
18. At the end of November, which country became the world’s newest republic?
19. The Omicron variant was first reported to the World Health Organization from which country?
20. Which BBC radio presenter, who was the first woman to present Top of the Pops, died on Christmas Day aged 66?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll post the result here on January 8th.