Court House Tours. In the summer months Unlocking Warwick members conduct 45-minute free tours of the Court House and its surrounds on selected Saturdays. The guides explain the story of the building, and give a flavour of the town’s history, from the founding by King Alfred’s daughter in 914 to the reconstruction in Georgian style after the Great Fire, and the harsh justice meted-out by the court magistrates in Victorian times.
Dates and times of tours are posted in the Visitor Information Centre and on the News section of this website. Or call the Information Centre to find out when the next tour is scheduled. 01926 492212
Educational Visits. The volunteers are happy to arrange visits by schoolchildren, with stories and activities tailored to their age-group. For example, a visit by a class of young children from a local primary school was part of a project about the Great Fire of Warwick. They produced an imaginative display of pictures of what the town would have looked like on the day of the fire in 1694.
If you are planning to visit the Court House, please be aware that there are two former court buildings in Warwick. Ours is the Town Hall on Jury Street, postcode CV34 4EW. (The other is the former County Court on Northgate Street).