Happy Mayday everyone. Here is the ‘Not in the Ballroom Quiz’ for this month, compiled by Helen Fellows. We still don’t know when it will be possible or wise for our monthly socials in the ballroom to resume. So in the meantime the quiz will appear online at the start of each month – just for fun.
This time you can test your knowledge on some old and some newer films and TV programmes! Here are the twenty questions:
1. Judy Garland starred as Dorothy Gale in which classic movie?
2. The stage play Everybody Comes to Rick’s was adapted for the screen to become what 1942 Best Picture winner?
3. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
4. Which animal is associated with the beginning of an MGM film?
5. What does Tom Hanks compare life to in Forest Gump?
6. Which singer starred in the film ‘The Bodyguard’?
7. In which language was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon filmed?
8. The song ‘Let it Go’ is from which 2013 animated film?
9. What was the first Harry Potter film?
10. Who sung the theme song for the James Bond film Skyfall in 2012?
11. Which member of The Beatles narrated the first series of Thomas the Tank Engine on TV?
12. What is the logo on a Blue Peter badge?
13. In what year did Coronation Street first air on TV?
14. What is Doctor Who’s time box called?
15. In which English seaside town was ‘Fawlty Towers’ set?
16. In Eastenders what are the first names of the Mitchell brothers?
17. Dawn French played the vicar of which parish?
18. How many dragons did Daenerys Targaryen originally have in The Game of Thrones?
19. Which comedian and actor plays Alan Partridge?
20. Detective Inspector Kate Fleming investigates officers inside and outside the anti-corruption unit AC-12 in which series?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish the answers and declare a winner in a week’s time.