Unlocking Warwick’s next free Court House Tour will be on Saturday 7th September from 11am to 11.45am. Come along to hear the story of the Grade-1 listed building at the corner of Jury Street and Castle Street, and it’s place in the history of Warwick.
It’s a leisurely stroll round the inside and outside of the Court House/Town Hall built in 1725 after the Great Fire had damaged the original Mayor’s Parlour. The magistrates’ court moved to the Leamington Justice Centre in the 1970s, so there are no courts in the building now. It houses the Council Chamber and Offices, the Visitor Information Centre, the Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum, and on the first floor the elegant Regency ballroom which is used for community events and private functions.
There’s no need to book for the tour. Just turn up at the Visitor Information Centre in time for the 11am start.