The ‘Not in the Ballroom Quiz’ for December has a Christmas theme – of course. And it’s a cracker. Helen Fellows has devised 20 festive questions for you to try. If you know more than ten you are doing well. Why not send your answers to email@example.com and we’ll declare a winner in a week’s time on 8th December?
There are no prizes, You just get a warm winter glow if you come out top of the tree. So here we go:
- What is the name of the period leading up to Christmas?
- Who was crowned King of England on 25th December 1066?
- In the 17th century, which leader banned Christmas pudding and mince pies?
- Which Christmas carol tells the story of a Czech king on a journey to give alms to the poor?
- Which ballet with music by Tchaikovsky is set at Christmas time?
- The song, ‘Walking in the Air’ features in which classic Christmas film?
- Which Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale inspired the film ‘Frozen’?
- In the film, ‘The Muppet Christmas Carol’, who played Scrooge?
- In which C.S.Lewis novel was it always winter but never Christmas?
- If you were born on Christmas day, what would be your star sign?
- Stollen is a traditional fruit cake of which country?
- What name is given to the small sausages wrapped in bacon served with turkey at Christmas?
- In the Christmas song, what was ‘roasting on an open fire’?
- What are the two main ingredients of a snowball cocktail?
- Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean is a territory belonging to which country?
- What huge Christmas gift did France give to the USA in 1886?
- What name are reindeer better known by in North America?
- What colour are mistletoe berries?
- Which plant with bright red and green leaves is often given as a gift at Christmas?
- What is the chemical formula for snow?
Good luck and we hope you can manage to have a Merry Christmas.