The monthly social gathering “In the Ballroom” will return in March 2024 after a two month break during the dark evenings in January and February.
‘In The Ballroom’ will be held on the second Wednesday of each month for the rest of the year with a range of excellent speakers.
These very popular gatherings are held from 2pm – 4pm in the Jury Street Court House ballroom, with a talk or an activity and usually a fun picture-quiz; then tea or coffee and a selection of cakes served by Unlocking Warwick volunteers. There’s plenty of time to chat and make new friends. Entry will be just £3 to include the tea. (Cash on the door, please).
Numbers have to be limited to avoid overcrowding, so guests must book places in advance by dropping in to the Visitor Information Centre, or by calling them on 01926 492212. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can book up to three months in advance. (If you find you can’t attend, please phone the Visitor Centre to let them know). Here’s the line-up of speakers and activities that are planned for 2024.
- March 13th. Compton Verney with Christine Cluley. The story of the beautiful Warwickshire Art Gallery and Park.
- April 10th. Flower arranging with Bev Cox. How to make beautiful displays for your home.
- May 8th. ‘Bling’ – Diamonds, Dunes and Deserts with Bill Devitt. Tales from a global traveller.
- June 12th. ‘Antiques Roadshow’ with Steve Bruce. Anecdotes and valuations from the local auctioneer. Bring in small items for Steve to look at.
- July 10th. ‘A Right Royal Couple’ with Mick Byrne and David Bardell. Facts and humorous stories about the late Queen and Duke of Edinburgh.
- August 14th. ‘Britain’s Secret War’ with Ken Kelly. The codebreakers of Bletchley Park.
- September 11th. ‘An Encounter with Flanders and Swann’ with Trevor Langley. The songs of the very British comedy duo.
- October 9th. ‘Across the Roof of the World’ with Roger Butler. Travels along the Ancient Silk Road.
- November 13th. ‘Antarctic Exploration – an Unsung Hero’, with Patrick Fitzgerald. The story of the man who travelled more miles in Antarctica than Scott or Shackleton.
- December 11th. ‘Christmas Celebrations’. Join in with carols, popular Christmas songs and a seasonal quiz in the ballroom.
For any changes to the situation, keep your eye on the News and Events pages on this website, or check the ‘What’s On in Warwick’ on the Visit Warwick website.
‘In the Ballroom’ is brought to you by Unlocking Warwick, the Court House volunteer group, on behalf of the Town Council, supported by the Big Lottery Awards For All and The King Henry VIII Endowed Trust.